Sports Anchor/News MMJ (W/End)-WTOC
SPORTS ANCHOR/NEWS MMJ (W/END) - WTOCJob Category: News
Requisition Number: SPORT009289
- Posted: October 12, 2023
·LocationsShowing 1 location Savannah, GA 31405, USA
DescriptionAbout Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTOC 11 is the number one news source in beautiful historic Savannah, Georgia which was named the third-best city in the U.S. by Travel and Leisure. As the legacy station in a 20-county market, WTOC covers Georgia’s Coastal Empire and southern South Carolina’s Lowcountry which includes Hilton Head Island.
WTOC is located in Savannah, Georgia. Our area is known as The Coastal Empire of Georgia and The Lowcountry of South Carolina. WTOC excels in creating effective commercials for our advertising clients. We also create promotional campaigns for our #1 News programs that inform and engage the viewer.
WTOC-TV is looking for an experienced sports and News Anchor/MMJ to join us as a weekend sports anchor and news Multimedia Journalist.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reports, shoots, edits, & anchors sports coverage on weekends.
- Reports, shoots, and edits news stories three days a week.
- Writes and creates content for both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Works with News Director and Sports Director to plan out sports coverage on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Assists in producing sports specials and seasonal sports shows during Football season.
- Produces and hosts sports podcasts year-long.
- Ability to work with other journalists on big sports and news coverage as needed.
- At least 2 years of professional TV Newsroom experience covering sports and/or news as a multi-media journalist and/or anchor.
- A strong communicator both on air and behind the scenes.
- Ability to multi-task and plan in advance is extremely important.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to research and pitch enterprise news stories on a regular basis.
- Must be a team player, and innovator, and understand that covering sports in 2023 is not just about highlights.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of sports in general, specifically high school and college football, professional golf, and hockey.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WTOC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. https://youtu.be/V151Pl3e270
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
2 years: Professional TV Newsroom experience covering sports and/or news as a multi-media journalist and/or anchor.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired